Virechanam is one among the five therapeutic procedures of panchakarma. It is a medicated purgation therapy which cleanses the gastro-intestinal tract, liver and gall bladder from toxins. It also removes toxins from the blood and thus purifies the blood. Virechan is mainly indicated for the disorders related to pitta. It pacifies the pitta dosha and thus its disorders
1) Prior to the procedure, the patient is subjected to oleation and sudation therapies in order to bring the doshas to the abdomen.
2) Then on basis of the constitutional analysis, abdomen assessment, age, mental conditions, the dose and medicinal herb are decided and the patient is subjected to purgation.
3) The patient is asked to maintain a frequency chart and the consistency of the motion to analyse the effect of the dose.
4) More the frequency more the effect of the dose which is consider as a perfect purgation therapy.
5) After the therapy patient is asked to observe fasting and then take a light diet.
Virechana Therapy is recommended and is highly beneficial for the following:
– Detoxification in case of accumulation of Pitta dosha,
– Eliminates toxin accumulation in the GI tract,
– Effective treatment for piles, constipation, acidity, ulcers, liver/ spleen diseases, jaundice, inflammations,
– Cleanses body from poisoning,
– Cures mild and chronic skin disorders,
– Relives headaches, anaemia, pain in the large intestine, non-healing wounds- Helps manage diabetes, asthma and heart diseases,
– Reduces gynaecological disorders,
Virechana therapy is an effective Ayurvedic treatment that can cure a number of health problems naturally. The VirechanaAyurvedic detox program, which may take 3 to 8 days, is also safe from any side effects.